It has become increasingly clear over the past few weeks that our communities, and the world at large, have been presented with an unprecedented challenge. As we move through the uncertainty of the COVID-19 virus, we would like to personally reach out and let you know that we are vigilantly improving protocols to ensure the safety of everyone who walks through our doors.
As a local retailer, we have been humbled by your loyalty, patronage and we take our responsibility to our customers and staff very seriously. As fitness and exercise enthusiasts, we certainly hold the health and safety of our wellbeing at a high level. From the onset of this global challenge, we have closely monitored guidance form the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and federal, state, and local governments.
Actions that have been implemented as of this notice:
· While we already had daily sanitary procedures in place, we have increased everyday cleaning from once daily to three times: prior to opening, mid-day and upon closing.
· We are frequently wiping down various furniture, fixtures, equipment and frequently touched surfaces.
· We will continue to have hand sanitizer available for use in multiple locations of our store.
· While portions of our job may require minimal physical contact, we are discouraging handshaking and physical contact at this time.
· We are requiring our staff to engage in proper hygiene, which includes washing their hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
· We have distributed critical information to staff members to help prevent communicable sickness throughout our retail environment. We are also instructing employees who feel ill to stay at home and consult healthcare providers.
· We will shortly announce enhanced shopping experiences that will allow our customers to take part in recommended social distancing all while continuing to meet your bike shop needs. We have implemented free local home delivery on orders over $49, we are offering 1 free service bike pickup and delivery per household through April, and we are offering curb-side shopping for our customers for as long as needed.
Now more than ever, we are committed to maintaining a safe environment for everyone who walks through our doors. We will continue to communicate with you in a timely and transparent manner so you can continue to shop with us in confidence.