Triathlon Training Clinics
May 18th - 19th
Each clinic is $40 or get a $5 discount off each clinic if you sign up for all three clinics. The $15 discount will be added at checkout.
Run Form Clinic / Group Run and Nutrition Talk
8:00 - 9:30am Run Form Clinic and Run on the Tri Waco course.
9:30 - 10:30am Nutrition Clinic with Post Run Recovery Shakes
Join Professional Triathlete and Triathlon Coach, Natasha Van der Merwe to learn how you can maximize your running potential. In this one hour clinic you will learn:
- Proper body positioning
- How to increase your run cadence
- How to avoid heel striking
- How to work with gravity
- How to stay injury free
- How to improve running efficiency
- Specific exercises to increase mobility
- How you can train smarter for your next race
We will then run along the Brazos for 30 minutes as coach Natasha run's with you and gives you feedback and cues to correct your running form.
Clinic is for beginners and experienced runners.
After the clinic we will then head to Bicycle World to enjoy some post run protein smoothies courtesy of Eboost and learn about how you can improve your day to day nutrition and fuel your training and race day properly.
Swim Form Clinic / Open water skills at YMCA
3:00 - 5:00pm at Waco YMCA
Join Professional Triathlete and Triathlon Coach, Natasha Van der Merwe to learn better swim mechanics for the pool and open water. In this 90 minute clinic you will:
- Get feedback on your current swim stroke
- Get tips on how to improve your swim stroke
- Learn open water swim skills, like sighting and drafting
- Learn how to read the clock and do an effective swim workout
Bike Skills Clinic and Supported Bike on the Tri Waco Course
8:00 - 10:00am
Join Professional Triathlete and Triathlon Coach, Natasha Van der Merwe to improve your bike handling skills and become a stronger cyclists. In this two hour clinic and ride you will:
- Ride the Tri Waco Course
- Learn better cycling technique
- Learn how and when to shift gears correctly
- Learn how to corner correctly
- Learn safety practice for training and race day
- Learn how to ride at the optimal cadence to run off the bike well
- Take away training sessions that you can do to better prepare you for Upcoming Races.